What can I say?! This was a very long and time consuming project, but one that was very much worth the effort! I am also very pleased that I have finished it!
This was an idea that I had after looking for blankets on pinterest. I saw a few variations of it, but no patterns, and they were all missing something in the design that made it look less than the real thing. So I embarked on designing my own square, that met my fussy son’s requirements and then set about making all of the squares. We even played a game of tetris and took screen shots to come up with the design.
I certainly could have improved on the finish by weaving in the ends instead of crocheting them in, but with that many ends, I was determined to be as efficient as possible!
But anyway, the pattern is now written up and available here in my store. I used paintbox simply dk acrylics too. It was my first time using this yarn and it was definitely a well priced and decent acrylic to work with in such a large project!
If you want to see progress shots, then be sure to check out #zachstetrisblanket on instagram!
I would love to see yours in the tag one day too!