Calling anyone and everyone that has had the thought to learn crochet…
It’s no secret that I love to crochet and that I plan to help as many people as possible learn the craft too! And that is why I am introducing my Getting Hooked – Crochet Beginner Bootcamp.
Now I don’t want you to be scared off by the word bootcamp. It’s been many years since I have done that level of intense exercise, and I have no plan to put any of you through that sort of torture. But I do want you to learn as much about crochet as possible in as short a time as possible so that you too can learn to love the craft even a fraction as much as I do!
I know that everyone learns at a different level and at a different pace. And I know that everyone learns in a different way – some of you learn from video, some from pictures and some from words. And then there are those like me that learn from a combination of methods. I have therefore designed this bootcamp to cater to all learning styles. There will be live video tutorials and cheat sheets with pictures and words to cover all of the information that I have to offer.
I also know that no matter how experienced you are at crochet that you will also have different knowledge that you have accumulated over the years. So while this is aimed at those that know very little or nothing about crochet (it’s the one with the hook and the yarn), I believe that even those of you that have a little bit more experience will learn something – like how to read those patterns that you desire to make.
So what is this bootcamp all about?
Well it starts on May 17th (2021), it’s all free and will be conducted for 5 days. Below is an outline of each day and once you sign up you’ll be provided with more information.
- Day 1: the Foundations. We’ll cover the tools and teach you the basic stitches to get you started.
- Day 2: Working in Rounds. We’ll cover how to work in the round and give you the basic rules as well as how to read a pattern in the rounds.
- Day 3: Working in Rows. We’ll cover how to work in rows, give you some tips as well as how to read a pattern in rows.
- Day 4: Working with Texture. We’ll introduce you to some special stitches, how to make them and how they create texture in different ways.
- Day 5: Squares: Now I’m a big fan of squares so we’ll cover how they can be used to create different things and we’ll make a square using a chart.
So who is in? Check out this page for more information and to join the bootcamp. If you’re already a crocheter, feel free to join too and share with a friend or two that keeps saying they would like to learn.
It’s never too late to learn to crochet if you start now…
4 thoughts on “Are you ready to get hooked?”
Yes. I would like to join bootcamp on 17th May.thanks.
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021, 9:00 am Honouring M.E. Crochet Blog, wrote:
> seona74 posted: ” Calling anyone and everyone that has had the thought to > learn crochet… It’s no secret that I love to crochet and that I plan to > help as many people as possible learn the craft too! And that is why I am > introducing my Getting Hooked – Crochet Beginn” >
Yes I’m definitely interested
Such a great idea
Yes. Please book me in. Complete beginner! 🙂